Thursday, June 05, 2003

Strong Men


"Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house." {Matt. 12:29}

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." {Matt. 16:19}

Last night i had a terrible dream about someone robbing my family of their possessions and their lives. I awoke about the time i, too, was about to die. My thoughts quickly turned from me to praying for persons in the world who are currently experiencing this situation, especially missionaries who are being persecuted. These two verse sprung to mind as i prayed.

Then i began thinking about how i fall into the same temptation over and over again. I often feel powerless to resist this temptation. I know the strong man, satan, enters my house and binds me to my fear. He then steals my confidence to stand up for what i believe. He achieves his goal while i am left with shame and disgrace.

Jesus tells me that i have the power to resist satan by binding him on earth and heaven. All i need to do is use that God-given ability to for His good.

0 comments: