Monday, June 09, 2003

Less me, More Him


"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
Phil. 2:3-5


A group of our youth and conselors are going on a mission trip in week, leaving Wednesday and returning on Sunday. In preparation, i'm trying to set my heart on Christ and my thoughts on things more lofty than the physical preparation.

These verses spoke to my heart. I've read them many times before, but the Word of God is living and active, able to set my wayward heart on a path to righteouness. I'm so quick to be selfish. My tongue is evil, setting my forests on fire. Too many times i'm slow to listen, quick to speak, and quick to become angry, just the opposite of what James instructs me. {James 1:19}

Have mercy on me, O Lord, according to your unfailing love. {Ps. 51:1} Fix my thoughts on Jesus, the high priest whom i confess. {Heb. 3:1} Please give me, Your servant, a discerning heart so i can minister to those whom You place in my path, and to distinguish between right and wrong. {1 Kings 3:9} Amen.

0 comments: