Monday, June 30, 2003

Blog friends


i admit that i enjoy reading other people's blogs. i find myself looking at the "recently published blogs" just to discover new people. call it an addiction, i suppose. anyway, since i've had this blog i've made 2 friends. one happens to be a pastor on an island and another one is in high school in the midwest. all three of us are believers in Christ at very different points on our faith journey. it encourages my heart to know that others struggle, others flourish, but all are able to share their feelings via an online journal.

my pastor friend chooses to lead others to a deeper understanding of Jesus as a career. he committed his life to full-time service to Christ. my high school friend tries to lead others to Christ through her actions and her witness at high school. how do i try to lead others to Christ? i work for a Christian boss, and try to display my faith thru actions when my other workmates are near - but they aren't around me very often. i attend a church and lead a few Bible studies. but what more? how do these people whom i minister Christ's love see that i need Him? why should they believe in the God whom i confess as my Lover, my Strength, my Joy, my Savior, my Life? how do i display my passion for number One? i'm still try to figure that out. but i do know that i need Him to breath, when i'm feeling down, when i have questions, when i just needs someone to share something with. i know why i need Him. i know why i believe. He's proven Himself to me time and time again. His faithfulness and love endure forever.

You are my passion, Jesus. i desire more of You to shine through me so that others will see You. they'll desire to turn from doing things their way to allow You to guide them into all Truth. Father, i bow to You. You are the one who opens the eyes of the blind, heals the sick and gives hope to the hopeless. let Your ways be my ways. use me, guide me, lead me, form me, mold me, make me into something worthy of Your crown.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen

0 comments: