Monday, June 16, 2003

Godly Servant


"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. " ~Gal. 1:10

"I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever­increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. " ~Rom. 6:19

All my life I've been amazed at the way Paul insists on being a slave. He makes a conscious decision to become a slave of Christ. In 2 Peter 2:19 it says that a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. When i look back on my life, i see so many "masters" of my life which weren't Christ, but now my heart is set on seeking God and serving Him only. {Deut 6:13}

2 Tim. 1:6 reminds us to "fan the flame" of Christ. This is something which takes a conscious effort. It's something which takes strength and motivation, dedication and devotion.

Father, please forgive me for allowing these other gods to master me. You are the only One to be worshipped. I set my heart on seeking and serving You with all my heart. Please help me to do this. Draw me close to You. Amen.

0 comments: