Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Forfeiting My Rights


Yesterday's blogspot was about living as a slave to Christ. As a slave i've given up my rights to do as i choose, exchanging my will for God's will. Jesus also had to do this before His crucifixion. You can read it in Matt. 26:36-42. Jesus goes to pray by Himself, because he mentions His soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. He knew that He needed some alone time with the Father, One-on-One. First, Jesus prayed, "My Father, if it IS posible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as You will." {v. 39} Secondly, He prays this prayer, "My Father, if it IS NOT possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may Your will be done." {v. 42}

I can nearly hear these heart-felt prayers being lifted to heaven. I've been there, done that. Not to the extent of Jesus' life or death situation, but serious situations none-the-less. Jesus knew what was ahead: torture, mocking, shame, pain, suffering, disrespect, etc. Yet, he prayed that God's will be done, even tho He had to give up His rights; surrender His entire being to the Father.

"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." {Luke 9:23}

Father, i surrender my will to Yours. I come before You this morning asking this question: 'what do You want me to do now?' Holy Spirit, please direct me and guide me, cleanse my heart from false motives which are not Christ-like. Supply me with replacements which are holy.
In Christ's Precious Name ~ Amen

0 comments: