Monday, March 01, 2004

Seeking Answers

Also put the Urim and the Thummim in the breastpiece, so they may be over Aaron's heart whenever he enters the presence of the Lord. Thus Aaron will always bear the means of making decisions for the Israelites over his heart before the Lord.
Ex. 28:30

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Rom. 12:2

Some men came and told Jehoshaphat, "A vast army is coming against you from Edom, from the other side of the Sea. It is already in Hazazon Tamar" (that is, En Gedi). Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him. Jehoshaphat bowed with his face to the ground, and all the people of Judah and Jerusalem fell down in worship before the Lord. As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.
2 Chron. 20:2-4, 18, 22

seeking answers. trying to discern God's will. encouraged at how He has moved in the past to answer the questions and concerns others have placed before Him. realizing that only faith in Him will manifest the answers my heart seeks. humbled that One so great would choose to honor my simple means of acquiring His attention. amazed that He hears and answers those who seek His guidance. fascinated by heart-changing belief in Him.

Jesus,
i humble myself before You. i seek to know Your plans, Your purposes, Your will. i surrender my heart and needs to You. i trust You will give an answer in due time. i love You, and i desire to serve You where You will lead. let my heart be sensitive to what You say and how You move. forgive me for my lust of money, my quickness to covet other's talents and gifts, and my quickness to speak my mind. let Your grace cover me; drown me in Your blood. let my heart be steadfast in its pursuit of You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Scott *Scott *Deanna

0 comments: