Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Love Songs

I will sing a new song to You, O God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to You.
Psalm 144:9

The LORD will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the Lord.
Is. 38:20

If you love Me, you will obey what I command.
John 14:15

i have two separate persistent thoughts this morning. first one: 'how do i show affection to my Savior?' this question has been heavy on my heart the last couple of days. and i can nearly hear Jesus answering, "follow My example; do what I've asked of you; love Me with all of your precious heart." as a gen. x-er i'm taught that to 'make love' is to have intercourse. so loving my Father in heaven would be rather difficult with that definition of love. so there has to be more to love. i want to love Jesus. that is what my heart is set on. so i'm focusing on how He says to love Him. i want to make on impact an His heart, not because i think i need to do anything to encourage Him to love me, but because i want to be intimate with Him.

second thought: i purchased a new guitar (well, 2 actually) and i want to use them for His glory. i've been fiddling with denise's guitar for a few months. slowly and faithfully i'm learning to strum and finger those strings. i love playing....(just ask denise!) my only dilemma is that i can't play my guitar at my apartment, because afraid of the police coming and telling me to put it away. (it's happened before) so i practice at church, in the house of the Lord.

Jesus,
i desire to be intimate with You. because You've given me so much, i want to give back to You my heart. i want to honor You with all that i have, my life, my job, my guitar, the very heart You've blessed me with. i love You. i want to obey what You've asked of me. i desire to follow Your example. i can't praise You enough for restoring my relationship to the Father. it's awesome to communicate with You. thanks for knowing my heart and my desire to submit to You. may my skills be for You. may my guitar playing be praise to You. may the words of my mouth be pleasing to You. may Your Spirit guide me into a deeper friendship with You. i love You with all that i have.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen!


*Those suffering from depression, skin irritations, and AIDS

0 comments: