Friday, March 19, 2004

State of the Soul Address

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Psalm 84:2

i think i am homesick for my eternal dwelling which Christ is preparing. (John 14:2-3) sound strange to say that i'm homesick for somewhere i've never been, but it's true. i feel like david crying out to God, 'my soul thirsts for You!', 'my soul yearns for You, for our house'.

'The human heart quests for satisfaction and keeps at it until it finds some kind of peace in God. And even when we find contentedness in the Lord and know for a fact that He is our constant companion, it's still difficult for the heart to give up the hunt.' ~Lucy Swindoll in the book, Cultivating Contentment.

Jesus,
as david cried out to You long ago, i too cry out for You. i long for You. i crave more of You. i yearn to be in Your courts. i praise You for being my constant companion. thanks for always letting me hang out with You. it's awesome to be in a relationship with You. i know that You are drawing me closer to You, strengthening my trust in You. be praised for loving me and for being faithful. thanks for preparing a place for me in heaven. i can only begin to imagine how gloriously beautiful it is.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Owen *Scott *Kaylen

0 comments: