Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Sustainer

He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate- bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart.
Psalm 104:14-15

You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
Psalm 18:35

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Is. 46:4

my Father sustains me. after thinking that thought i'm fascinated by how little trust i have in Him. He, my Dad, has promised to care for me. all i need to do is fear Him, love Him, walk humbly before Him, trust Him and carry my cross. (what a hefty list!!?) instead of doing those few expectation, i sit and complain, argue, worry, fret, be annoyed, etc. "ye of little faith."

and yet i can see where i've been. as i look back over my Christian walk, beginning at age 11, i can see how far He's carried me. i can see when i've trust Him to pull me thru, and i can see when i trusted in myself and He has still pulled me thru. so why is it that when i am up against a wall, do i still pace and fidget, instead of laying down prostrate before His royal throne? if i truly understood that my greatest companion is the King, then i wouldn't have any trouble requesting His help...and certainly He would drop everything on His agenda to rescue me from the torrents of destruction. i'm still learning to be a devoted follower.

King,
i drop to the floor before You. i bow in reverance to Your Kingship. You are my Lord, my Friend, my Sustainer. You've given me everything i need for life. You supply all my daily needs. i want my heart to understand, Jesus, that You are the One who sustains me. no one or no thing can rescue me except You. You have made me and You carry me. that is awesome. i worship You, Lord, with everything in me. i trust You. let my heart be moved to bring all petitions, supplications, praise and thanks before You. Jesus, i lay down my ability to carry my cross. i can't do it without You. please come and help me to bear the burdens of those around me. let my eyes be open to opportunities to share Your love with others. i trust You are sustaining me always.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Audrey *Andy *Hope

0 comments: