Thursday, March 18, 2004

Succombing to Frustration

For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
Romans 8:20-22

Denise and i have begun setting aside time each day to discuss our devotions. she suggested that we do separate books for various reason and i think that is a great idea. i'm working my way thru a small book called 'cultivating contenment' by luci swindoll. so far i've highly enjoyed the study, tho i'm only one day into it. :) i haven't yet learned what paul meant when he said, "i have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation." (phil. 4:12)

craving. longing. yearning. desiring. wanting. all these words are not contentment. slowly but surely i'm learning to give up my desires, my wants, my fantascies, because too often what i desire is not what He has in store for me. just one more step on the ladder to my house in the sky.

gracious Father,
i long for this glorious freedom from the frustration which has been subjected upon me. i desire for more of you. i want You to increase in my life so that i can decrease. i crave Your truth, Your righteousness, Your loving kindness in my life. i love the way You love me, and desire to share that love with others. may You, Holy Spirit, use my gifts and talents for the Father's glory. may You shine forth from me. let my heart know what's going on with You. i love our time together. thanks for meeting with me. i am a better person because You care about me. thanks for transforming my heart from the inside out. thanks for teaching me lessons about humility. thanks for guiding me to this bible study book, and for denise and her willingness to share her thoughts and concerns with me. i love meeting with her, knowing what You are doing in her life. thanks for giving me some wonderful spiritual friends who encourage me when i'm struggling for contentment. You are the best teacher and i want to learn from You. thanks for giving me so many lessons of love.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen!


*Ashton *Melissa *Jessica

0 comments: