Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Finding Sanctuary

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah
Psalm 62:5-8

life can be so difficult to understand. my mind is racing with things to say, but my fingers refuse to type them, in fear that i'll hurt someone's feelings - or say too much. lately when i open my mouth to speak, all that seems to come out is meaningless words. my feelings tend to keep hidden deep within my blackened heart. my mind suppresses thoughts of not being satisfied. my soul is longing for more, but i don't know where to find it. my heart longs for something, but i don't know what. my mind is in a state of unrest, and my feelings are all caught in the middle. i have no real reason to feel like this, but i know that something is amiss in my life. i'm lacking 'rest' tho my heart is filled with hope.

each day as i enter into the Lord's sanctuary, my heart is transformed. i see how wretched i am. and i am drawn into God's loving arms again. i am a fallen human. pride seems to be my root of discontentment. i hate being human - knowing my tendencies to grasp at the blackness of my soul. emptying myself out hurts.

but thru this night of my soul, i trust that in Christ i am alive. i trust that in Him i am made alive. i trust that He is my peace. i trust that He has me in the shadow on His wings. i know that no discipline feels pleasant, but in the end it leads to a life worthy of the crown of life. when i am weak, He is strong.

Jesus,
i don't know what is happening within me. this place that i am at is not comfortable. the darkness around me closes in, and my soul seeks retreat... i long for Your sanctuary, Your peace to cover me. i crave for more of You and less of me. i am longing for my Home with You. this discontentment is narrowing my vision, but i pray for You to keep my eyes fixed on You. i pray for You to be my stronghold thru this trial. i pray for Your mercy to fall fresh upon me. hear my prayer, O Lord, for i am poor, broken and needy. i am worthless without You. i cling to You for comfort and support. i know that only in You can i truly find rest for my soul. You are my Rock, my strong tower. i love You. help me thru this, please. i'm crying out to You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen.


*Katie *David *Brandon

0 comments: