Friday, March 12, 2004

Knowing the Plan

Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.
Amos 3:7

He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth- the LORD God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13

last night i was in a crabby mood. everything seemed to make me crabby. definitely a spiritual attack of some type, cuz normally i'm pretty happy-go- lucky. my thoughts were very negative and they wandered far from what i know to be the Truth. anyway, after putting up w/ that for some time, i opened my bible to Amos. sometimes those minor prophets speak right to my heart.

while reading thru the entire book, i was amazed that God continues to tell His people His plan, even when no one else is listening. He speaks to those who desire to hear His voice, and sometimes even those who don't want to hear him. Amos says in 7:14, "I was neither a prophet nor a prophet's son, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees." doesn't seem very high and mighty of God to choose a simple shepherd who has some farming skills to preach His message to the entire house of Israel. but Amos was faithful to His calling. God instructed Amos on what to say, and he said it.

i want to be one who knows when God is speaking to me, instructing me to give a wise word to someone in need. i want to be His voice calling in the desert. but more importantly i want to be faithful to His calling on my life, even if He doesn't call me to do something high and mighty.

Jesus,
i sit amazed at how You use simpletons to accomplish Your mighty plan. it intrigues me. Your written Word is filled examples of how You use common people to accomplish extraordinary tasks. i love You so much. Jesus, lately you've placed in my heart a desire to be more humble. after reading mere christianity's chaper on pride, i'm more conscious of how i think and act. i know, Holy Spirit, that You are creating this new holiness within me. thanks for revealing to me where i fall short of the Father's glory. if You don't call me to something great that is ok; i just pray that i can be obedient to You in all You do call me to. i trust that You've appointment me to accomplish certain tasks, for which i am humbled to serve You. i praise You for calling me to Your service. i also praise You for beginning this great work thru this SLR weekend. may You reveal Yourself in a new way to all those who are attending. may Your glory fill our sanctuary just as it did in the temple with Your servant, solomon.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen.


*Bruce *Shari *Nick

0 comments: