Monday, January 12, 2004

A Time for Rejoicing


I love you, O LORD , my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD , who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:1-3
as i sit here trying to figure out what to blog about, i'm reminded that i've slacked in praising Him. i get so wrapped up in learning a new lession, that my head forgets to stop and give glory to the One who is teaching me the lessons. sometimes i need a reminder that it's ok to be still and rejoice in Him who has saved me for the death for which i was heading.

it bothers me to sit and do nothing. when i'm relaxing at my house, i always have a book in front on me ...and i am focused in the book. often my roommates are speaking to me and i don't have a clue what's happening because i'm so attentive to the book. and when we go out to eat, if i'm finished with my meal and they are still eating, i'm always grabbing something to fiddle with or to read. i can't just sit still; i have to be doing something. and you can ask them, they will tell you the same thing. i would rather clean my bathroom 5 times a day than to sit and stare at nothing for 10 minutes. that's torture for me. so now that i've rambled on about my short attention span, probably i should re-focus back on to Jesus.

Jesus,
i praise You for always being near me. thanks for waking up w/ me in the morning and for being with me all thru the day. often i'm dense when it comes to Your promptings because i'm so focused on something. i pray that You would sensitize me to Your voice. i want my focus to stay on You, Father, but i fail at this so miserably. draw me close to You. give me eyes to see Your beauty. thanks for sharing this beautiful day with me. thanks the sun and the warmth it brings. may You refresh my soul like the warmth refreshes the land. i want to rest in You. thanks for holding me in Your arms. i love You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!
*Louise *Misty *Danielle

0 comments: