Thursday, January 15, 2004

Protection and Comfort


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O LORD , you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Ps. 5:11-12

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Is. 41:10
in two days i'm traveling 8 hours with some youth from st. paul. since i don't know how to ski, nor do some others traveling on this trip, i'm praying for safety. does anyone else understand this concept? i'm 27 years old, tried skiing one time 2 years ago and failed miserably, and now i'm going back for more abuse. perhaps this time i'll get it... maybe... so this is one way i'm coveting your prayers

another way is for my family. i was told this morning my great aunt, Agnus Boone, passed away. she was in a great deal of pain and was struggling very much, so the death comes as a relief to those assisting her. i just don't know where she stood with the Lord. i never heard her say anything about Christianity, nor did she ever attend church. only God knows. but it makes me questions who else do i know that doesn't know the Joy that i know? by the way, i won't be able to attend the funeral because i live 1300 miles from there, and i'll be hitting the slopes.

thanks for Your prayers.

Most Holy God,
there is a time for joy and a time for mourning - and for me the times seem to come in one package. i'm excited about the ski trip, but bummed about Aggie's death. i praise You for allowing me to trust You with my feelings. may You wrap Your arms of protection over those traveling on the ski trip, and Your comforting arms around my grieving family. may You create a way for these people to witness You. may their eyes and hearts be open to meeting You and knowing You in a personal way. Holy Spirit, i pray for You to convict them of their sin, and embrace Your love which surpassing all understanding. move in a way which we all know it's You, the all-powerful One. draw us close to You. thanks for Your love over me.
in Jesus' Name~ Amen.
*my dad's side of the family *ski group *David

0 comments: