Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Christ in Me


I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
john 17:23

mimi niwe ndani yao, nawe uwe ndani yangu; naomba wakamilishwe na kuwa kitu kimoja, ili ulimwengu upate kujua kwamba wewe ulinituma, na kwamba unawapenda wao kama unavyonipenda mimi.
john 17:23

i confess that i've slacked off in my morning devotions. i've sleeped in for about 2 months now. yesterday i committed to denise that i would get up early to have my quite time. life is too busy to not have a holy/sacred time w/ my Father. so this morning i woke early and entered into His presence. man, it was great! it had been far too long.

these verses remind me that Christ is in Me, and only thru Him am i able to be brought to complete unity with Him. i need to converse with Him, worship Him, meditate in Him, and mostly allow Him to work thru me. He is to be my Head, my Heart, and my Mouth. thru His strength i can do anything, but without Him i am nothing. He is my all in all, the very breath i breathe.

'who i am that Lord of all the earth would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt? who am i, that the Bright and Morning Star would choose to light the way to my ever wandering heart? not because of who i am, but because of what You've done. Not because of what i've done, but because of who You are.' - Who am I, Casting Crowns. i love that song. nearly makes me cry every time i hear it. just reminds me that God does care about my feelings, no matter if i'm upset, hurt and spacey!

Bright and Morning Star,
You're worthy of my praise. i adore You. You have a way of softening my heart, caressing my fears, and brightening my mood. it is wonderful to have You as my Counselor and Stronghold. You have a hold on me. Friend, i've slacked on my devotions. please forgive me for not giving You my firstfruit of my day. You've blessed me in so many ways, and the least i can do is give You some of what i have to offer. Thanks for pulling me out of my apathetic attitude. You are my motivation. i love You. may You open a way for me to share the Good News of Your salvation and Lordship. You are mighty in battle, able to tear down the thickest of all walls. Your Message still rings loud and clear. it is great to be alive!
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Flora *Anderson *Carla

0 comments: