Friday, January 02, 2004

Telling Your Experience


The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
1 John 1:2

Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did."
John 4:39>
periodically i'm reminded that i cannot remain silent about my faith. the above references are just a few of the many times people in the Bible tell others of their experience with Jesus. non-believers all across the world are coming to know Him thru the words of others who have experienced Him.

as i look back on 2003, i can name many ways that i've experienced Jesus. a few of them have been *River of Life mission trip with the youth, *many of the youth at St. Paul UMC have dedicated their lives to Christ, *a new spirit of worship is coming alive at St. Paul, *some of the young adult members are making a commitment to be a devoted disciple of Jesus, and *adults are move willing to give of their time and money. but those are the mountain top experiences, and i know that i know Him on a daily basis thru the small happenings and prompting He gives.

this is the beginning of a new year - 2004. ive tried to set a few goals for this new year. i want to experience Jesus more on a daily basis. i want to be more disciplined about journalling. i want to stop biting my nails. i want to get into better shape. i want to read thru the entire bible this year. those are my goals for 2004. there are many more hopes, for which i'm praying.

happy new year, Dad
i'm celebrating You this year. You've already begun some incredible works, some amazingly wonderful deeds. You're my rock. You are able to make a difference, to change cold hearts, to give our church all the financial resources it needs, to restore broken marriages and families, to offer hope to the hopeless and heal all the sickness and disease. Your are able. help me never forget or doubt that You can change anything. You are my God, and i confess my lack of faith in You. i've not prayed for certain situations because i've doubted that You will change it. but this year i want to commit my year to You, for Your glory. may You be the One to receive the praise for enabling me to quit biting my nails, to read Your Word thru its entirety, to become more disciplined about journalling, to get in better shape so i can accomplish more with less difficulty, etc. You are the One whom i worship. let this year be for You a year of worship and commitment. i can't accomplish anything without You, God. i know You hear my prayer, and You desire for me to worship You. it makes my joy complete to bow before You. thanks for calling me out of darkness. i love living in Your light.
in Jesus' Name - Amen!
*Carlene *Edward *Marn

0 comments: