Monday, January 26, 2004

Demanded/Asked


"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
luke 12:47-48

does anyone understand the concept of the Word being like a double-edged sword? well, that is how i feel about these verses. sometimes when hearing a Word from my heavenly Father my heart can barely take it all in. right now i'm just trying to digest what all is involved in these verses.

maybe the best way to put my thoughts into this blog this morning is just to ask questions. so...

*do i know my Master's will?
*what am i doing to get ready?
*am i doing what my Master wants me to be doing?
*do i really believe that i could experience many blows for not doing what Dad wants me to do?
*who doesn't know my Dad?
*so, even those without knowing my Dad's will will be beaten?
*what is worthy of deserving punishment?
*what have i been given?
*what am i being demanded of?
*who is demanding me to do anything?
*am i giving without reserve?
*do i give generously or grudgingly?
*am i sharing my gifts?
*what has been entrusted to me?
*who has entrusted it to me?
*who is asking for me to share what has been entrusted?

lately i've been feeling bored with life - a sense of discontentment or unfulfillment. i've been missing something. now i'm beginning to understand what is missing. i haven't felt that much has been asked of me; not much has been demanded of me. "live up to the expectations" life of the mediocre... so i'm searching my Father's will and getting ready for His return and striving to do what He wants me to do. i'm asking for opportunities to be asked and demanded from. i want to share my gifts, to be challenged to give when i don't want to.

hey Dad,
it is awesome to worship and serve the Lord of the universe. You have it all together. Your power is perfect. You are constant. Father, sometimes i get so wrapped up in what i want that i forget to see what You are asking of me. i read Your Word hoping to get something out of it, but forget that You are speaking to me as a friend, not always as a teacher. Jesus, i know that You are great and Your grace can make all things new. well, Jesus, i pray for You to flood my life with newness. i'm tired of going thru life without a sense of high expectation. let me see what You are asking and demanding of me. these gifts that You've given, well, i want to use them. i want to grow up - i'm tired of wearing a diaper. how about some of that real Food? i know that You hear when Your kids cry out to You. You are close to the broken-hearted. may this prayer reach Your ears, encouraging Your delight and honor. i want to be a moon for You. i want Your saltiness to spice my life. what's the new mission? what's the new plan? what are you going to ask of me today, Father? what do You want with me? i desires to do what pleases You. i want to get ready for Your return - i can't wait to see You! i want to share Your kindness, gentleness, compassion, humility and patience with others. i'm so excited about what is about to happen!
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Derrick *Flora *Raymond

0 comments: