Monday, January 05, 2004

Radiating Light


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
John 12:46

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."
Matt. 5:14-15
my friend, Denise, always makes reference to being a moon, because the moon radiates the glory of the sun. and we are to radiate the glory of the Son; so i guess we should be moons, too.

i'm trying to go verse by verse thru the book of 1 John. so far i made it to verse 5 which says, "God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all." can you imagine living a life without any darkness? i don't think i can because i'm so tainted. my thoughts cannot even fathom that perfection, that holiness. but i want to get to know this Light in a deeper way. perhaps some of His light could rub off onto me. kinda like people who have an amazing ability to lift me out of my bad attitudes. those are the kinds of people i want to hang out with, not those who bring me down.

but i can't stop with hoping His light will rub off onto me. Jesus said that, "You are the light of the world - a city on a hill cannot be hidden!" my responsibility as a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, is the radiate His light. if there is any darkness within me, i am responsible for exposing it to the Light. John 3:20 says, "Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

Father,
as this new year begins, i want to come into Your glorious Light! i want my life to radiate Your glory, Jesus. i know that You are the Light of the world, and i am responsible for sharing that light with others. i surrender my life to You; "my God turns my darkness into light." (Ps. 18:28) Jesus, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Ps. 139: 23-24) don't let me hide my shame or darkness from You any longer. open my eyes to see where i am tainted. Holy Spirit, like a double edged sword, i desire You to penetrate my heart, carving away to dark so that Light can shine. please don't let me run from the pain, but stand firm in faith, knowing it is for Your glory that i am made clean.
thru Jesus' Name ~ Amen!
*Don *Sharon *Audrey

0 comments: