Friday, October 03, 2003

Spiritual Meanings


Then Jeremiah said to all the officials and all the people: "The LORD sent me to prophesy against this house and this city all the things you have heard. Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the LORD your God. Then the LORD will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you. As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right. Be assured, however, that if you put me to death, you will bring the guilt of innocent blood on yourselves and on this city and on those who live in it, for in truth the LORD has sent me to you to speak all these words in your hearing."
Jer. 26:12-15

today is one of those days when i have about 150 things i need to do before noon. i just walked into work and discovered i have a pile of things which need to be filed or put away, a list a people to call, etc. so instead of starting all that i decided to blog for a minute or two.

i was reading this morning in Jeremiah (i love jeremiah and isaiah!). i've read this passage before but didn't associate it with my life. guess something different jumped out at me. so anyway, i've been on this kick lately about holiness. then i read this verse about "reforming my ways and actions and obey the Lord your God". when i read it, i began to think that "ways" and attitudes are associated. well, if i am to reform my attitudes....then i have a lot of work to do.

so this morning i've been focusing on my thoughts and attitudes toward others. i'm supposed to have the same attitude as Christ, but i'm discovering that many of my thoughts are not so loving and compassionate. i've only about awake for 2 hours and already my holiness is down the drain. so back to the royal Throne i go...

Hey Dad,
i need You. already today my heart has been tainted by the thoughts in my head. i pray for You, Holy Spirit, to come fill me. open my heart so that i may be move loving and kind. if there is any wickedness in me, i pray that You'd show it to me and have me deal with it immediately. please don't let me procrastinate on this. i want to be more like You in holiness. i love You, Lord. Give me a heart which seeks to manifest Your likeness with all my actions.
In Christ's Name ~ Amen!
*Edward *Cindy *Geoff

0 comments: