Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Desire to Experience God


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
Ps. 32:8

"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."
Jer. 29:13

"Seek the LORD while He may be found; call on Him while He is near."
Is. 55:6
i've been doing a great deal of trying to figure how well i know God. these two scripture references always come time mind when i think about this: Jer. 9:24 and John 17:3. i desire eternal life with my God and i want to be able to boast about how i know God, but how do i go about it? how do i deepen my relationship with the Prince of Peace, the Almighty Father, my Counselor?

so far i am discovering that He desires for me to seek Him. He wants me to obey His commands and He wants me to be sanctified by His Truth. He wants me to call on Him, coverse with Him always. And the greatest part is that He promises that He will reveal Himself to me when i seek Him with all my heart.

so that is what i am learning to do: seek Him with all my heart. i am learning to be honest with Him about what i am feeling, even when it's less than holy. I'm learning to go to Him with my questions, and then listen to His advice. I'm praying for Him to open my eyes to where He is moving, where He wants me to witness, etc. and thru these, i am seeing my trust in Him grow, and ultimately He is glorified through my life.

Amazing Friend,
i praise You for setting my heart in motion to seek You. i long to know and to be known by You. come into my life, Holy Spirit, and open my heart to Your promptings. let my desire to find You surpass all other fleeting desires. You are my center and i can do nothing apart from You. hold my hand and let's go out together.

In Jesus' Precious Name ~ Amen!
*Ron *Christopherson Family *Jason

0 comments: