Thursday, October 09, 2003

Are You Thirsty?


On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
John 7:37-38

Let them give thanks to the LORD for is unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
Ps. 107:8-9

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Matt. 5:6

when is the last time you were so thirsty that you would've done nearly anything for a drink? after working in the hot sun for a while or shooting hoops for an hour can make me pretty thirsty. i desire to have something quench my thirst. i need a drink because my body has used most of its resources already.

so when have you been that thirsty for God? when have You desired for Him to fill You as much as you thirst for a physical beverage? it's been a long time for me, but i can tell this is what i am longing for. i desire to be filled with His Living Water and have my thirst quenched by Him. i need Him to satisfy me with good things. i am tired and need a drink. and i know that nothing can satisfy me the way He does; nothing compares to Him.

Living Water,
i come to You thirsty. i long to be filled by the streams of Your Holy Spirit. Enliven me by Your power. let my heart pour out Your love and mercy on others. let my light burn bright becuase of the Water within. use me to share Your water with others. may You be please for satisfying my thirst that i may continue on this journey in pursuit of You.
Amen.
*Landra *Tasha *Meredith

0 comments: