Monday, October 13, 2003

How is God Affecting You?


O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD . You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Ps. 139:1-6
as i was studying last night and also this morning, i was thinking about ways that i allow God to penetrate my life. i realize God is at work all around me, but i often miss it. i realize that He wants me to included Him in all i do, but honesty, what percentage of my life do i offer to Him?

as i think about these verses in Psalm 139, i need to allow God to move through them. i have these verses memorized, but have never thought about me inviting Him into these areas. i assumed that He was already involved, and so i just need to sit back and experience it. i am learning differently. even though He is already involved, i still need to surrender these areas to Him. even though He has already searched me, i need to always be seeking ways He is doing it again. Even though He knows me, do i allow Him to know me, or do i try to hide things from Him? do i want Him to be with me in my times of R & R, like watching TV, or do i try to cover up the fact that He desires to be involved with me? even though He already knows my thoughts, do i keep a tight reign on what i spend time thinking about? how about when i go out with my friends or when i lay down in my bed? are my actions and thougths being honorable to Him? simply because He is familiar with everything i do, do i really want Him to be familiar with all my ways? how about the words of my mouth - do i honor Him in all i say? do i really know what it means for God to always be before and behind me? am i grateful that He has laid His hand (...or Spirit) upon me? what is my level of awe about all these Truths? have i become too apathetic about loving God? has it become my routine, or do i fervently seek to know more about Him and attempt to become familiar with all His ways?

Hi Dad,
right now i am blown away and amazed at the way You love me. You already know me completely, so i don't need to hide from You. i welcome You into my life, into all these areas. i want to be honest with You about my thought life, my spiritual life, my sexual life, my everything. please give my strength to be holy for You. come and search me again, Lord, because this time You have my attention. i love You.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen!
*Deena *Jamie *Sheri

0 comments: