Monday, September 29, 2003

Joy for the Journey


"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
Psalm 5:11

"We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests."
Psalm 20:5

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
Psalm 51:12

"Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul."
Psalm 86:4

ever go through a time in life when the road seems long and the destination seems too far away to think about it? it's not that the burden is too heavy, it's just that the finish line is so far off that you feel like you are running in circles. and what or who is it that holds you to the course? this is how i am feeling.

this morning during a quiet time with God, He shown this to me: without His joy the journey seems bleak, deserted and lonely. when He gives you the joy of His salvation, something happens within Your attitude. no longer is the race in vain, the finish line beyond site and the prize barely worth running for. there is hope when there is joy. there is a spring in your step, a smile on your face, laughter in your heart, and a light-heartedness which others sense. does any of this make sense? do any of you feel as though you're missing something with is needed for the journey? then let's ask God to pour out His joy on us so that we can go about our days with a proactive attitude, knowing there's a reason for our journey.

Jesus,
You are the ultimate joy giver. thanks for calling me into Your presence - to know You are the giver of joy. come, Holy Spirit, into my life with Your fruit of joy. manifest in my heart Your joy so that i can encourage others in their bleak and deserted journies. restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and grant me a willing Spirit, to sustain me. guide me, protect me, and let me walk in Your presence, then my journey will be a joy, and not a burden. thanks for never leaving me alone.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen!
*Kimberly *Karen *Paul

0 comments: