Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Healing


"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."
Prov. 15:30

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Prov. 16:24

"O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me."
Psalm 30:2

"Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD , do not delay."
Psalm 70:5

"My help comes from the LORD , the Maker of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:2

"At what point did i lose control?" this is a question that i ask myself many times during my senoir high sunday school class. it's one of those questions that makes me realize that i am not in control, and God is. it makes me realize that i am the creature of an amazing Creator, and apart from Him i am nothing.

i can try to "fix" myself when things are not going well. i can try to make the youth in the sunday school class understand the mystery of the Gospel, but only God can change their hearts and heal their disease of sin. only God can open a way for Denise's ankle to be fully restored. only God can change cold hearts of stone into pliable pieces of compassion. i'm again reminded that i am just a branch and He is the vine. He is the life-giver, the Living Water, the Truth which sets us free.

Hey Dad,
thanks for opening my heart again to Your amazing love. You have a way with me. i praise You for wonderfully making me to be part of Your whole plan. thanks for desiring me to follow hard after You. thanks for opening my eyes to see Your majesty, Your glory, Your fame. I love you, Jesus, and desire for You to be in control. i forfeit my rights, so that You can accomplish much. Holy Spirit, have Your way with me. Speak to me, mold me, make my life comform to Yours.
In Jesus Precious Name ~ Amen.
*Nancy *Yawon *Ziran

0 comments: