Thursday, September 04, 2003

Mystery of God

I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Col. 2:1-5

Paul mentions several times throughout his various letters that he is struggling for the sake of someone else. in the letter he is specifically struggling for those at Laodicea, and for all those who he has never met. often i struggle because of people's stupidity, not for the them to come to know Christ. my focus is on me, and Paul's focus is on other. that's the difference.

i notice how inconvenienced i am because of something someone else said or did. Paul struggles for the souls of those whom He's never met to know Christ. Jesus had to have made some major impact on Paul in order for him to be so adament for others to know Him also.

which leads me to my many questions: what do i desire for others? am i willing to get on my knees and struggle for their souls to be saved through the grace of Christ? have i ever struggled for anyone?

0 comments: