Friday, September 19, 2003

Growth As A Christian


So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
Col. 2:6-7

it's crazy to think that i accept Christ into my life so many years ago. as i had a birthday yesterday, i've been looking over what i've learned and how i've grown from the years. i'm more tolerate of many things, as well as less tolerate for certain things. my highs seem lower and my lows seem higher, so i guess i'm getting to more of a level life.

my spiritual growth chart is a little more difficult to see the areas where i've grown. sometimes i think i've grown, and then in the next breath i blow it. but i do know that my love for Jesus is deeper, my heart is more rooted and built up in Who He is. i try to live in Him and by His grace each second. my faith has been strengthened, and continues to be each day.

...and then i get to the "overflowing with thankfulness." some days my life is jubilant w/ glee. other times i struggle to find things to be thankful for. and i have no reason for either senario. i know that i have been saved by grace and now i live in Christ. for this i am thankful. i know He cares for me, and refuses to leave me or forsake me, and for this i rejoice. i have a roof over my head, a physical and church family who love me, and for these i am grateful. but what about finding joy in all circumstances? this is where i need to consider Christ. my thankfulness narrows when my focus is on myself and not on Him and others. my heart doesn't leap for joy when i'm overcome with my problems, instead of laying them at the cross of Christ. so as i learn to be more like Jesus, again i realize that i should gaze at Christ and glance at the circumstances - then i will be filled with thankfulness - even overflowing with it.

Brilliant Brother,
You are beautiful. i love looking at You and seeking Your face. You are my hope and my peace. You are my resting place and my salvation. You watch over me, care for me, sustain me, and love me. thanks for being all these things to me. let me focus on You always, and glace at my circumstances. let my heart rejoice and overflow with thanksfulness. Holy Spirit, let me commune with You always, so that i can lay my burdens with You.
In Jesus' Precious Name - Amen!
*Susan *Jacqui *Tara

0 comments: