Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Gentleness


"Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge."
Prov. 23:12

"Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."
James 1:21

I'm currently in a Bible study by Beth Moore called, Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit. this week's topic has been 'gentleness'. i've learned that an important aspect of gentleness is submission to God, teaching, others, etc. it's kinda like refusing to take up an argument. and not only refusing, but to let go of your rebuttal all together. it's teaching your heart to come under God's control, so that He can do even greater works with it. it's submitting to other out of reverance for Christ. {Eph. 5:21}

this week i've begun to discover how much i think i know about God without really knowing Him. He longs to speak w/ me at all times, and i turn off my ears. i get sidetracked with Yahoo games (not offense) and other 'entertainment' which fills my time with meaninglessness. Christ is the only One who desires to know every area of my life. He is the only One who can do good with my life. He is the only One who patiently waits His turn to speak to me, instead of yelling at me like the world. guess it's time for me to do what Psalm 131:2 calls, "still and quiet my soul".

Loving Father and Friend, i want to know You more, but my heart is distracted by fast moving, loud speaking distractions. give me a heart which seeks You, which desires to hear Your voice, which longs for You touch, which is satisfied in the depths of who You are. Let my gentleness come for submitting to You. i love You. thanks for giving me a desire to know You more. Thanks for this beautiful day and the freedom which comes through surrendering my rebillion to You.
In Christ' Name ~ Amen!
*Deena *Shannon *Reagan

0 comments: