Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Let Your Words Be Few

Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
Ecc. 5:1-2

my words are seldom "few". i'm a talker. i enjoy conversation... on the other side, silence can be excruciating to me. like when someone is upset with me but refuses to tell me what is on their mind and heart. that doesn't sit well with me. just get it off your chest and move on - that's my philosophy.

i've been getting into the song, 'let your words be few' by the passion band. some of the lyrics are: 'i'll stand in awe of You,' 'Jesus, i am so in love with You.' that songs moves my heart to worship in spirit and truth. and sometimes i just need to shut up and worship - to listen to what the Master of the universe is telling me. He desires more of me than i can read about. He wants my heart, my mind, my will, my anxious and joyful thoughts, my desires. He wants to fulfill my every longing, my deepest desires. He wants all of me, even the parts which i want to get rid of.

so i'm learning to stand in awe of Him. learning to quiet my busy mind and find His hiding place. learning to be still and know that He is God. learning to listen with my heart. and after hearing from Him, to act accordingly. this is my hope - to be a faithful servant of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus,
You are God in heaven and i am here on earth. so i stand in awe of You, with my mouth shut and my ears open. speak to me for Your child is listening. You are my King, my God, my Lord. i love You. i desires to cling to You, to obey You, to be submissive to You. i want to be Your pure and blameless bride. You are my groom. thanks for calling me to live with You. thanks for giving me grace to know and desire You more. i love You so much.
In Jesus' Name - Amen!


*Parker *Allison *Stacy

0 comments: