Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Wearying Ourselves for Him

"Yet you have not called upon me, O Jacob, you have not wearied yourselves for me, O Israel. You have not brought me sheep for burnt offerings, nor honored me with your sacrifices. I have not burdened you with grain offerings nor wearied you with demands for incense. You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me, or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened me with your sins and wearied me with your offenses."
Is. 43:22-24

in all my reading in isaiah, i've never before noticed this statement. that God desires us to weary ourselves for Him. that blows my safe and easy thoughts of Christianity out of the water. He expects us to get out hands dirty, to get in the world and serve those whom He desires to serve: to sacrifice for Him...[there's a word we don't want to talk about!]

or when is the last time i 'lavished' anything on God? when have i gone out of my way to worship Him - when has it been intimate - between He and i in the presence of ourselves - no one else around to distract us? too long ago. that's a love affair with the Savior - like rubbing lotion on someone. that is lavishing my love on Him - giving Him my undivided attention - and my strength and my thoughts. pursuing Him in the most intimate way. this is actually really beyond me, but i can only imagine this is how He desires us to worship Him.

Jesus,
i lay down my heart to before Your royal throne. i desire to worship You with everything i have. i want to be intimate with You - letting you know me and i know You. i want to weary myself so that You may be pleased. i want to give You my sacrifices with a joyfulness that trascends understanding. i want to offer to You my heart - the very breath of my lungs and my mind which seems to think too much. i love You, Jesus, and i want to be Your servant. i desire to love You with my whole heart. let me please You, God. thanks for carrying my heavy burden and for rejoicing over my with songs of deliverance. it is for Your glory that i live. let Your truth rule in my heart, keeping me on the straight and narrow. keep my heart from deceit and lies, my hands from stealing and my eyes from desiring what the world has to offer. i know You are the only One who satisfies complete. i give You my all.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Cory *Juanita*Stacy

0 comments: