Monday, June 21, 2004

"Return, faithless people," declares the Lord, "for I am your husband. I will choose you-one from a town and two from a clan-and bring you to Zion. Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding."
Jer. 3:14,15

No longer will they follow the stubbornness of their evil hearts.
Jer. 3:17b

it amazes me that God continues to draw us back to Himself even tho we are a wayward people. continually we turn our backs to him and not our faces. [Jer. 2:27]i'm preaching to myself here. He lovingly refers to Himself as our husband and we are His bride. that is so intimate. being a single person, it is difficult to understand the relationship between husbands and wives, partly because so many of the marriages around me seem to be falling apart. they don't seem to be thriving and basking in the love of each other. perhaps that is just my understanding because i don't know how a marriage is supposed to be. so God as my husband is something i'm learning- a relationship which is perfect, completing, fulfilling, encouraging, uplifting, comforting, supporting, loving...

Jesus,
i praise You for being so loving and caring. thanks for coming near to be even though You know i will at times fall into the pit of sin. thanks for extending Your arm of forgiveness to me when i need to be draw back into Your loving embrace. Jesus, i want to be a bride who is faithful, who lavishes my love on You, who stick with You thru the thick and thin of life. and i want You to teach me how You are my husband. i want to give You my love, to be whole devoted to You. You are my Lover and my Friend, my Comforter and my Counselor. let me be a blessing to You, Jesus. i want to love You with everything in me. i want to be the kind of person who upon hearing Your voice am filled with joy. the type of person who goes out of my way to make Your day a little better. my heart overflows with love for You, Jesus. thanks for calling me into Your family.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Jenni *Ashton *Jacob

0 comments: