Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Walking in the Light

Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord.
Is. 2:3, 5

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord."
Ps. 122:1

in the past i've mentioned that i love the illustrations where God is mentioned as light. this is another reference to that. walking in God's presence...ever experienced that before? or driving in your car and you know that God is among you? or at work or school and just knew that You weren't alone? i love those times. i love it when the presence of God is so real that it almost feels like you can touch Him, or hold His hand, or speak a dialogue with Him.

"come, let's go..." isn't that a great invitation? it's intimate, said from one friend to another, not strangers. and the reason to come along is to learn from God Himself. what a great reason to enter the Sanctuary! and learning isn't the only reason, but so that our lives can be changed, so we can walk upright lives - live righteously.

there is a lot more that could be said about these verses, but i need to wrap things up and get to work.

Holy Jesus,
be praised for inviting me with come and learn from You. i praise You for convicting me of my wrong-doings and for turning me toward You. i love entering Your presence. thanks for revealing Yourself to me. may i be bold in my asking others to join me in Your glorious presence. may You equip me to speak Your truth in love. let the Your light shine around me, illuminating my path and leading me to those who need to hear of Your love and truth.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Jasemine *Brandon *Cindy

0 comments: