Monday, June 07, 2004

Passion for Salvation

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
Is. 12:2

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Ps. 29:11

if i truly believe that God is my salvation, why should i fear anything? salvation is eternal... we are carnal. if i truly believe that the most important thing in this life is preparing people for the next life which last forever, why do i fear telling others about Jesus? why do i fear taking risks for the sake of others? their lives are dependent upon knowing Jesus and the salvation which comes through Him. guess i've just been very burdened for the lost lately, and it's motivating me to be more adament about telling others of Jesus.

i've been good at telling those whom are already involved in church about Jesus...that's safe. and honestly i don't have much contact with anyone who doesn't believe. there are two guys whom i work with that are not believers, but i only see them for about 2 minutes a week (literally). sad that i am not more out in the world trying to reach others with the Good News of Jesus Christ. so i'm fired up about intentionally meeting others with the sole purpose of telling them of Jesus. this changing churches has been phenomenal for me. can barely wait to see where He's going to lead me.

Jesus,
i trust You. i know that You've opened my eyes and my heart to Your salvation and i praise You for that. thanks for giving me the grace to fall into Your embrace. i love You with my whole heart. this burden for the lost comes from You and i love that. i want to be broken with the things which break Your heart. don't let me remain complacent any longer. i want to share You with others. please guide me into places where Your name can be mentioned. use me for Your glory. i want to take risk for You. i want to lead others closer to You. may You prepare these people to receive You. may You soften their hearts so they can fall on Your grace also. may You release captives from the chains of sin, and give them hope. let them see You and know that love You have for them. may You open my mouth to speak Your name with boldness and with love.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Michelle *Parker *Derrick

0 comments: