Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Desires of my Heart

Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you.
Is. 26:8-9

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD ; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Ps. 84:2

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Ps. 37:4

i'd like to think that all my heart desired is God, but i know that is not the case. i still run after selfish gain far too often. my heart gets sidetracked with the 'wonders' of the world. the pleasures of the world look so appealling and the ways of the Lord can seem so demanding. but giving into those pleasures do not bring about the righteous life my Father desires. most of the time they leave me empty and alone, wishing to be filled with something which can satisfy. so again i'm drawn back into His resting place, His sanctuary, His hospital for the hurting. and there my heart is satisfied, my wounds healed and my heart complete. it is then that i realize that He is my heart's desire. it is His name and renown that i desires more the silver or gold. He is my Satisfy-er!

Jesus,
i enter into Your presence knowing that You love sacrifices, especially broken spirits. i love the way You mend the hearts of those who humble themselves in Your sight. You give grace to all, not showing favortism or partiality. and Your grace is sufficient to heal all the hurts, bitterness and longings. You know my heart's desire, God, and i want it to be You. i long for You and for Your presence to be made known among the peoples of earth. let us be filled with Your glory. fill our longings, and our emptiness with Your holiness and kindness. we long for You, yearn for You, are dying without Your satisfaction.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Eden * Topher *Andy

0 comments: