Thursday, June 24, 2004

Bearing His Name

Why are you like a man taken by surprise, like a warrior powerless to save? You are among us, O Lord, and we bear your name; do not forsake us!
Jer. 14:9

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.
Jer. 15:16

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
John 14:13

for me, i have very little 'pride' in bearing the name my parents gave me. with a last name of 'gartamaker', how can i be proud? lol. but as a follower of Jesus Christ, i am honored to be called a Christian - a follower of Christ. i bear His name through circumcision of heart by the blood of Christ and santifying work of the Holy Spirit. [Deut. 30:6, Rom. 2:29]

Jesus allows me another 'benefit' to being called by His name. He's entrusted me to ask for whatever i may in His name, and He act. that 'benefit' has always amazed me. how i, a person on earth, can aske the God of the universe to act on my behalf, and He does it. just have to love friendships - especially depending on your Friend to get the job done.

hey Jesus,
what's going on? just at work, getting my day started. thanks, Man, for allowing me to be friends with You. it's awesome how i can depend on You to do more than i could ever ask for. it's a real blessing to know You. so i want to bless You in the same way, but i can't without Your help. please guide me to say the right words, to be compassionate, to be loving and kind to tho around me. please let Your light shine in my heart, through my work and attitude. Spirit, please help me to be sensitive to Your voice and Your promptings. i wanna please You. thanks for hanging out with me today. i love You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Susan *Steven *Fenise

0 comments: