Friday, May 28, 2004

Knowing How

Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.
Eccl. 8:5-6

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Rom. 12:2

i often question the future: what is coming next? what should i be doing? am i doing what God desires me to being doing? am i where he wants me? am i best glorifying Him in a way that i am satisfied? and tho i question often, i still feel this is where He wants me and i'm doing what He wants me to do.

after reading the verse from Ecclesiastes, i can't help but think about Jesus' words when He says, "If you love Me, you will obey what I command." {John 14:15} I can nearly hear His voice saying that to me. so i scrutinize my heart, searching for ways in which i'm disobeying my King.

then, later in the new testament this is stated, "This is love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are not burdensome." {1 John 5:3} i can still remember my youth director sitting me down to discuss this verse. she could sense that i was struggling to do all that God commanded me to do. i was feeling overwhelmed by the weight of my calling. i knew i was called to be holy, to be perfect as God is... i couldn't do. i couldn't live up to those expectations, and i was about to give up. deena, my youth director, spoke wisdom into my heart - and God is still calling me to holy living - to obey all His commands. and now my heart is learning to become more steadfast in pursuing obedience.

Jesus,
i praise You for calling me to be Your disciple. i fall so often, and Your love always restores me. i love You with all my heart. i praise You for filling me heart with desire to obey Your commands - to follow hard after You. in You i am made holy. i can't acheive holiness on my own - it is a gift from You... that is Your grace raining down on me. i love that way You rain down, the way Your spring up, the way you comfort my anxious heart. You are more that i could ever imagain. You're perfect!
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


Hotze's *May's *Barbara

0 comments: