Thursday, May 06, 2004

Light of Men

In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
John 1:4, 9

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."
Matt. 5:14-15

i love the concept of light. i love waking up in the morning and the sun is shining thru my windows. i love knowing that there was a time in my life when i was living in darkness, but now i have been called to be a light to the world.

and the concept about me being light is powerful. i have a light which shines brighter than the sun (b/c He is the Son who created the sun.) and people all around me are living in darkness, and i am responsible for shedding Jesus' light with them. i've been appointed, called, instructed, entrusted to accomplish this mission. it's a granduer request of the Savior of the world. how incredibly awesome is that? like a match lit in a dark room is how my actions should represent Christ. that is bold, outrageous, outside of the box type of faith.

Jesus,
because You have loved me and entrusted me with the mysteries of Yourself, i desire to share Your light with men. i want to give my all because You cared enough to me to give Your all. may You create opportunities for me to share what You've blessed upon me. let me to an instrument for Your light. draw those living in darkness to me, so that i can have a chance to represent You. may Your light radiate from my smile, from my kindness, from my love. i want to be so full of Your light that others question what is different about me. Holy Spirit, let Your light shine.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Donald *George *Jason

0 comments: