Monday, February 23, 2004

Seeing Beyond the Hardship

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
heb. 12:2

i'm amazed that Jesus, my Jesus, saw beyond the pain of the cross. He wasn't focused on the present but on the future joy which He knew would be more than abundant for Him. oh to be like Jesus...

one of my friends asked me the other day what i wanted to be when i grew up. you know, i don't have any answer except 'like Jesus'. i want to be like Jesus. that's really what i want to be when i grow up. but then i'm reminded that i am like Jesus now, so what is the point of growing up? this verse helps me to remember that Jesus had focus, which i often lack. He had perseverance, which is another quality that i want. He realize that the end joy was worth the pain and shame. i begin to complain when the therostat is set a little too low or when someone gets on my nerves. and yet i know that even tho i don't acheive the standard which i think Jesus has set for me, i know that He has covered me in His grace and sees me as perfect. His sacrificial blood cleansed me from all those insufficiencies. by His suffering i was made whole. that is the grace i know.

Jesus,
i praise You for enduring the cross. thanks for never losing sight of the joy which would follow the hardship. thanks for continuing to the end, so that we could communicate with one another. i love You, Jesus. thanks for shedding Your blood for me so that i could be in a right relationship with You. may You help me to focus on You and on the joy of knowing You. may i trust in Your sufficiency instead of my inadequacy. You are my transformer. i surrender my all to You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Josh *Trevor *Flora

0 comments: