Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Remain in Love


"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."
John 15:9

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor. 13:13

i've been challenged to begin memorizing again. for a long time i was faithful about memorizing God's Word, but then i got lazy and wandered from it. so now i am again reinstating my commitment to allow God's Word to penetrate my heart thru memorization... hear, read, study, memorize, meditate - 5 ways to know God's word and put it into practice. so my verse for today is John 15:9.

webster's definitions of remain: 1) to be a part not destroyed, taken, or used up. 2) to stay in the same place or with the same person or group. 3) to continue unchanged. we are not to be taken away or destroyed from His love. we are to stay in the mist of His love, His presence at all times. we are to not be changed by the world's seductions, but continue faithful in His love.

gracious Father,
thank You for allowing me to remain in You. You are in me, and i desire to always be in You. may You draw me closer to Your arms, protecting me from the terror of night. i want to be unchanged by what the world offers, so that i can be faithful and holy to You. let me love with the same love You've shown to me. thanks for embracing me with Your love. You still remain faithful.
thru Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Summer *Derrick *Denise

0 comments: