Tuesday, February 03, 2004

A Holy Calling


Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
lev. 20:8

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
1 thess. 4:7

Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time He waits for His enemies to be made His footstool, because by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
heb. 10:11-14

i'm continuing in my trek to complete the entire straight thru in one year. i've gotten to leviticus, chapter 25. so far so good. i've gotten thru most of the parts about the temple and how it was to be built with all its utensils and coverings. i've moved on to the rules of how to live. "don't have sex with..." has been mostly what i've been reading. (lev. 20) guess it is important to my Dad that i don't sleep with my brother or my uncle or any animals. just one way to be holy, just like Dad. (lev. 19:2)

i'm beginning to learn that Dad expects me to live a life of high expectations. He doesn't want me to settle for mediocrity, but to live a holy life. that's tough. being holy can seems like an impossible mission at times. but then i'm reminded that it is Dad who makes me holy. i can't do it on my own. i fail miserable when i try to be self-reliant. He desires for me to live a life which is controlled by my Spirit nature, not my fleshly one. He wants me to be in tune with the happening of His heart, so that i won't wonder from His plan. He doens't want me to be holy so i can show off, but so that He can get the honor and praise out of it. i suppose it is selfish on His part, but He is my Creator and i live for Him to get all my glory. and i am only beginning to learn that He is jealous when i give my attentions to other gods. He wants to capture my heart and behold all of it, not most of it.

Dad loved me so much that He sacrificed His only Son on my behalf. He took my place for the death penalty. He didn't deserve it; i did. He gave up His most prize possession. Dad loves me with everything He has and all that He had to offer. that is an amazing love. and because of that act of love on the cross, i am driven by love to return my gratitude by offering my life as a living sacrifice. and in offering my life, i give my rights - i become His slave. but He treats me like an heir instead. He made a way for me to become His child, a holy priesthood. i have entered into this Sanctuary where only those who have been made ceremonial clean could enter. get this: a slave entering the Most Holy Place! and it wasn't anything i did. He made the way open for me the enter without being condemned or killed. His blood perfected my impurties. He made me holy... and continues to pour out his sacrificial blood on anyone who is willing to accept His offer. have You accepted it? have You become an heir to God? just open Your lips and confess that You've tried to make Yourself holy, but have failed miserably. He won't let You remain outside the camp when You humble Yourself. He hears Your heart and knows that You want to be part of His holiness. come into the Sanctuary - it's the most amazing place You'll ever visit!

Dad,
i can't make myself clean. i need You to cleanse me from the inside out. i need You; i am desperate for You. let me come into Your sanctuary, where it is safe and warm. may my old garments of lust, rage, gossip, and unforgiveness all be washed clean in the blood. let me be holy. i praise You for pouring Your Spirit over me, cleansing me from all this muck, dirt and stench. i'm leave wearing with new clothes, and singing a different song - Your song. amen.


*ryan *kimberly and crew *skylar

0 comments: