Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Prevention for Growing Weary and Losing Heart

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3

The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 6:8-10

when i take time to consider Jesus, the Creator of the world - infinite Lord, and the pain and suffering He went thru so that He and i could be family, i'm blown away. the Creator became created and made His dwelling among us. how amazing is that? He could have called down all those angels to rescue him, but instead He completed the good works which His Father in heaven called Him to complete. He kept focus on the eternal while trudging thru the reality. and He chose the endure the heinous opposition for my sake. if that thought doesn't invoke some deep, emotional understanding, then you better check into the morgue.

today is ash wednesday. i've honestly not thought about what i would like to fast from during this lenten season, so today i'm focusing on that. focusing on what Christ would like me to give up in order to strengthen our relationship. i'll update you tomorrow (maybe) about this.

as all of us already know, the opening of the Passion of Christ movie is today. i'm going to see the movie tonight with a group from church. i'm really excited about it.

Father,
i don't know how You endured the cross and the opposition from those men, but i am grateful that You did it. thanks. i would not be the same person today if it weren't for You. You've changed my life and have given me new meaning and purpose. You empowered me with passion and desire to see Your will accomplished. You opened my heart to be soft and my mind to be sharp. You've promised me so many wonderful things. i stand amazed at Your amazing love for me. may You use this lenten season to draw me closer to You. i lay down my agenda and plans, and pray for You to be make clear to me what You'd have me surrender to You. what am i dependent upon which is not You? open my eyes and heart to see, Jesus, so that i can be fully dependant upon You. only in You i find my strength and hope for tomorrow. i move and breathe in You. my heart rejoices that You've given me this life. You are my life. i love You so much. thanks for creating a way for me to join You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Mark *Mechele *Brook

0 comments: