Thursday, February 19, 2004

Finally Getting Around to Updating

i'm just trying to finish the last entry which i began on the 17th. thru Christ i have been equipped with everything i need for life and godliness...translated: i have everything i need for my physical and spiritual lives. so why do i doubt this fact so often? why don't i feel it? thru my belief in Christ i can fully participate in His divine nature and escape the temptation of the world. whoa! that is a giant thought. so only thru Christ am i capable of not being corrupted.

this list which is given in these verses is still bouncing around in my mind.
faith
goodness
knowledge
self-control
perseverance
godliness
brotherly kindness
love
which of these qualities am i actively seeking to increase in my life? what steps am i taking to increase in their measure? what is holding me back from being more proactive in this pursuit? which of these qualities is Christ manifesting in my life right now? do i see my ministry being effictive and productive? if not, do i see a lack of ambition in pursuit of these qualities?

and i find it very interesting that peter wraps it up by saying, if we are not pursuing these qualities, than we have forgotten what Christ has done of us. Christ is the reason why i am to pursue these qualities. He has created a way for my life to be an active participate in His nature. that is amazing! me - carnal : Christ - incarnate : has made a way for Himself to be active in my nature, and I in his nature. it is for the sake of Christ that i am too increase in godliness, faith, knowledge, brotherly kindness, self-control, perseverance, and love...not for my benefit but His. why i began to think selfishly of why i must do this or do that...than i've have already begun to forget what He has done for me. this is not an easy thing for me to get into my nature. i should pursue this qualities with ever-increasing passion, but too often i don't.

Christ,
i know that You went thru more than i could ever go thru. You endured the cross and resurrection so that i could participate i Your nature and so that we could have fellowship with one another. i am part of You. help to get this in thick skull. i don't want to be unproductive and ineffective any longer. i am confessing my unambition, my selfishness and my rebellion to not do the things which i know You called me to do. i lay these qualities down in hopes that You'll equip me with those qualities which will produce holiness. let my thoughts and actions be worship to You. i claim You, Holy Spirit, as my nature, whom i desire to follow. please help me to be more like Jesus.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen!


*Geoff *Steven *Sharon

0 comments: