Thursday, February 26, 2004

Moved By Compassion

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
Matt. 9:36

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
1 Pet. 3:8

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
Psalm 86:15

one way i want to be more like Jesus: His Compassion. His heart of compassion leads Him to help the helpless and harassed, heal the sick, satisfy the hungry, discern their needs even when they are not vocalized, etc. Jesus looks to the heart, not at the words spoken or the actions made. He has an incredible way of making people feel welcome in His presence. He draws in every kind of people - addicts, rich, poor, illegal citizens, retarded, sexual abusers, people with disfunctional families, every kind of people. i want to be more like that.

as some of you already know i went to see the Passion of the Christ movie last night. it's great! go see it.

Jesus,
i praise You for being filled with compassion. You've drawn me into Your presence with Your compassion and loving kindness. Your heart knows me. You get me. i love You for what You've done for me. You are amazing and wonderful. Jesus, i want to be more like You. i saw the agony You've chosen so that we could be friends. i couldn't have done it. i confess my lack of compassion for others to You. i need You, Jesus, to teach me how to be more like You. i want to be able to discern what others are going thru, where they've been and what's going on in the worlds - without hearing it from their lips. let me have compassion on those who are hurting and sick, helpless and harassed. may Your love flow from my heart to others. i want to be like You, Jesus. thanks for taking on the cross for me. i love You even more today than yesterday.

"strong covenant God, save me from being self-centered in my prayers, and teach me to remember to pray for others. may i be so bound up in love with those for whom i pray that i may feel their needs as acutely as my own, and interced for them with sensitiveness, with understanding and with imagination. in Christ's name, amen."


*Derrick * Summer *Karla

0 comments: