Monday, November 10, 2003

What's the Condition of Your House?


When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today." So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a 'sinner.' " But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount." Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
Luke 19:5-9

Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Romans 6:15, 19-20

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you–unless, of course, you fail the test?
1 Cor. 13:5
i was reading an article from PRAY! Magazine which got me thinking about something which seemed so simple. since i am a temple, or house, of the Holy Spirit, then probably i should spend some time thinking about the condition in which He lives. i know that i try to clean out the major debris, but what about the noise? since i talk all the time, he lives in a pretty loud and busy environment. how about the pictures on the walls - what images do i entertain in my mind? which types of guests am i inviting to join my livingroom? how often does He get quality time as my guest?

i know that i've thought about Jesus being with me all the time, and becuase of that i should maintain a good life-style. and i know that He lives in me. but for some reason, i've never thought about the Holy Spirit as a guest into my body. isn't it great when the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to a new understanding. guess it's benn long overdue for some new "house rules".
*listen to the Guest more than i speak.
*ask questions in order to get to know Him
*go out of my way to love on Him
*look into His eyes when i speak to Him, don't be distracted
*cherish the moments we have in personal communication
*heed His advice
*perform random acts of kindness for Him
*praise Him for the good His does
*take time to notice the little things He does
*call Him by name
*wait for Him to speak, don't rush Him

i am only beginning to understand this concept, but what a wonderful Friend we have in Jesus!

Sweet Jesus,
there's no One like You. You are King of all kings, and You are the Guest in my heart. i want this dwelling to be comfortable for You. don't let me be distracted during our conversation. i want to hear for You. when You are silent, i pray that You'd help me to remain faithful in waiting for You to speak. Come into my heart and dwell in me. i want You to fill every room of this temple. let the praises ring for the good You are doing. i love seeing You - You are beautiful. i praise You for this understanding, and for allowing me to be worthy of Your indwelling. let my worship for You burn so that others can see and be praise You.
Jesus, thru You i pray ~ Amen!
*Laurel *Warren *Hope

0 comments: