Thursday, November 13, 2003

Intoxicating

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
Eph 5:18

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
'get drunk on the Holy Spirit.' thru my conservative upbringing i'm torn with this thought. perhaps i just don't undersand the full meaning of it. maybe it's because i've experienced the negative effects of being raised in a dysfunctional family where alcohol abuse played a major roll. maybe it's because i've always been taught that i need to be in control of my physical body at all times. perhaps it's because i'm too much of a control freak to let something else control me. in any case, i don't get it....tho i should.

i pray often to be filled more and more by the Holy Spirit, but do i really ask to be taken out of control? do i ask Him to honestly come into my life - and take over? in all honesty, i think i would freak out if i began to speak in tongues, just because it's so foreign to me. (no offense to those who have that gift.) Jesus has laid this verse on my heart for 2 days now. i don't know what do think about it, but i'm trying to draw a deeper understanding of it.

David Crowder has a new CD out called Illuminate. i recommend this CD. and on it there is a song called, "Intoxicating"... some of the lyrics are: You are captivating to me. if i'm outta my mind, it's You, You. (2 Cor. 5:13) i'm so crazy in love for You, You. yes, i'm head over heals for You, You.

anyway, i love that song. i want to be drunk on the Spirit who searches the mind of God. i suppose that would take the boredom out of the daily rountine - as refreshing as water to a dry land, or as palatable as salt to bland food, or as radiant as light in the darkness.

Holy Jesus,
i want to be drunk on You. i want to let You be in control. i'm ready to give up my control. if i stumble, let me fall on the Your grace. send down Your fire from on high to rescue me for the muck of daily life. renew my mind, heart and soul in Your glorious light. i love You. fill me completely, Holy Spirit, so that You may be glorified.
in Jesus's Name ~ Amen!
*Shari *Brian *Raymond

0 comments: