Friday, November 14, 2003

Soul Winner


You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
John 15:16
i've been skimming an old text book which i used in college called, 'Perspectives on the World Christian Movement'. the book is written by various authors, missionaries, speakers, etc. i just want to share some from an article by Andrew Murray.

    Christ meant every believer to be a soul-winner: that every believer has been saved with the express purpose that he should make the saving of other souls the main, the supreme end of his existence in the world.
    The missionary problem is a personal one: it is a matter of being near enough to Him to hear His voice and so devoted to Him and His love as to be ready to do all His will.
    Weak believers who are glad to hear and give, must be lifted to the consciousness of the wonderful spiritual privilege of offering themselves to Chirst to live for His kingdom. They must be encouraged to believe that the Lord who loves them, greatly prizes their love, and will enable them to bring it to Him. They must learn that Christ's love asks for whole-hearted devotion, and that the more they sacrifice, the more will that love possess them. As definitely as we labor to secure the interest and the gifts of each individual, even more so must be labor to bring each one into contact with Christ Himself.
    It is your highest privilege, it will be your highest happiness and perfections. As Christ gave Himself, give yourself wholly to this work of love.

those are just a few of the points which i've highlighted. so, what have i gotten out of it? i need to be willing to know God, in order for me to share Him with others. i need to be willing to sacrifice my life, it that should be what is my Father's will. my goal in life should be to share the love my Father has lavished upon me. my devotion needs to be toward raising up believers who are giving their hearts to His service. by the way, i began Purpose Driven Life yesterday....so far i love it!

Jesus,
You are the mission Giver. You desire for me to seek You, and You will supply me with direction. i trust this to be true. so i come before You, Jesus, not knowing where ou want me to go. lead me, and i will go. open my ears to hear Your commands. my life is laid before Your throne as a sacrifice of the love You've bestowed upon me. may your favor fall on those whom i come into contact with. may You change their hearts thru Your glorious power.
In Jesus' name ~ Amen!
*Ruth *Jonathan *Stacy

0 comments: