Monday, November 24, 2003

Eternal Salvation

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. "I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass, that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth, that you live in constant terror every day because of the wrath of the oppressor, who is bent on destruction? For where is the wrath of the oppressor? The cowering prisoners will soon be set free; they will not die in their dungeon, nor will they lack bread. For I am the LORD your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- the LORD Almighty is his name. I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand- I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, 'You are my people.' "
Is. 51:6, 12-16
i just love Isaiah. i'm pretty sure that being around him in person would have bothered me, because i wouldn't have had a clue what he was talking about, but reading his prophecies nearly 2500 years after it was written is amazingly profound. now i understand that he was speaking of Jesus, my Savoir, who has come and who will come again. i can see the whole picture; it's no longer a prophecy because it has come to pass. if you're into geometry - it's a "given".

how often do i lift my eyes up to the heavens and think about who created them? sometimes i look up and admire a beautiful sunrise or a cool cloud formation, but i often forget to give God the glory for them. i don't put enough thought into God ability to set the heavens in place, along with the earth and all the stars. He has placed the sun the perfect distance from the earth so that we can stay alive. also, i can't say i've thought about the day the heavens will come to ruin. i have thought about the earth being destroyed...but not about the heavens. and yet, is that not part of the hope which we profess?

it is the salvation of Jesus Christ that will last forever. nothing i can see will ever last that long. kinda reminds me of the verse which speaks of hope that is seen is no hope at all. {Rom. 8:24}

moving from knowledge to emotion: it is Christ who comforts us by covering us with the shadow of His hand. He also has called us His people. we are not nomads, or wanderers, or put here on earth for no reason. we have purpose and we have been called to the highest calling anyone could have ever given us. we are God's chosen people.... how cool is that?

Amazing Creator,
You have created the heavens, the earth, and the human race - nothing is too difficult for you. {Jer. 32:17, 27} i praise You, Jesus, for allowing me to see the big picture. thanks for opening my eyes to Your eternal salvation. i can't thank You enough to covering me in the shadow of Your mighty hand. You are my God, nothing can compare to You. i love You, sweet Jesus, and long for the day when i can see You face to face.
in Jesus' powerful Name~ Amen!
*Janie *Janie *Hulda

0 comments: