Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Hiding Place


Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:6-7

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Heb.5:7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Phil. 4:6
while attending the prayer service on Sunday, i began to feel this overwhelming feeling to prayer over our church, it's members, my family and friends, and the world. it was incredible! for quite awhile i've felt that my reason for being at st. paul is a calling to pray for this church. i suppose that was just reaffirmed on Sunday.

we have a magnet on our fridge which asks, "have you prayed for your church today?" often i see the magnet but don't pray. that's my confession. so i am committing today to pray more diligently for st. paul and all its facets. my friend, denise, is the youth director, along with program director (the name has recently changed, but i can't think of it...). her calling to Christian ministry resounds throughout her life. it's amazing for me to see how God uses her to be an effective leader. the reason i am mentioning her, is because today i have chosen her as one of the staff members to pray for.

dearest Jesus,
You are the ultimate pray-er. You wept with blood pouring out of your pores...that's intense! also you prayed with petitions with loud cries and tears.... Jesus, i want to be that passionate about prayer - about knowing You. i know You can and have changed lived. i've seen Your power move mountains. please forgive me for slacking in my calling to pray. You have given me the highest calling, to speak with You personally. open my mouth, my heart, my eyes to converse with You more. let me always acknowledge Your presence, Your power, and Your will. i want to pray in the Spirit on all occasion so that Your power will be released here in earth. i know You don't need me to pray, but i know that You've told me that when i ask in Your name, You shall give freely. That is amazing - that a great God as Yourself would give to a humble servant as myself. i can not thank You enough. i love You, sweet Jesus.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen!
*Kris *Denise *Laurel

0 comments: