Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Smelliness


This morning when i put gas in the car I seemed to stepped in some gas which had spilled from a previous filler. The stench from my shoes is nearly nauseating at times, and there's just no denying that i stink. As my nose is filled with the odor, my mind is filled with passages which speak of scents. These are just a few which spark my attention.

"All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good... Such people are smoke in my nostrils, a fire that keeps burning all day." Is. 65:2, 5 I've not had smoke up my nose all day, but the stench from my shoes is enough to know that He is irritated by my "not-so-good ways".
Now my heart is moved to understand the passion that Jesus has for me. All day long He holds out His hand for me... And what do i do? Too many times I turn away by not acknowledging Him, denying Him, etc. If only my heart was completely set on desiring His will for my life...

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Cor. 2:15 I can only imagine that the smell of Christ is pleasing to our Father. Isn't it great to know that even through our struggles, we still are pleasing to God?

0 comments: