Friday, May 16, 2003

Resting in the Shadow


On my drive to work this morning, this verse came to mind, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." {Ps. 91:1} It amazes me how swiftly one's mind can work so early in the morning. My head got swamped with questions concerning this verse; questions such as, "Doesn't it seem like an oxy-moron to say 'rest in the shadow'? Are not shadow usually dark and dreary place?" (Well, i suppose they are if you're speaking of any shadow other than the Lord Almighty's.) "What does it take to dwell in God's shelter?" (My mind wandered to Ps. 24:4 'He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.') "Who is worthy to dwell?" ("Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." {Ps. 91:14} Those who love Him are worthy, because they acknowledge His name.) "What does it mean to 'dwell'?" (Webster: 1. to remain for a time 2. to live as a resident 3. to keep the attention directed) "When is the last time i know i was dwelling in His shelter?" (As i was pondering these thoughts, i know i was being lead by the Spirit.)

0 comments: