Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Be Passionate About Obeying The Law


how can this be? how can the writer of Psalm 119 state, "My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times," {vs. 20} and again, "I rejoice in following Your statutes (laws) as one rejoices in great riches." {vs. 14}

then i find the answer to my question in verses 33 & 34. "Teach me, O Lord, to follow Your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep Your law and obey it with all my heart." this writer is praying for passion. it's not on his own strength that he relies, but on the mercy of God.

my feeble prayer: "Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying Your decrees!"

my heart's prayer: "Please give understanding so that i keep Your law and obey it with my whole heart."

0 comments: